Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Great Stamp Dealer Experiences

I have been a stamp dealer since 1978. I have had many great experiences in dealing with collectors and other dealers. One of the better ones is as follows:

For several years, I specialized in U.S. Precancel Stamps. Mr. John Boker advertised that he was interested in Unlisted Precancel types. After a few months, I found a precancel type that I thought was unlisted and sent it to him. Shortly, I received a very nice letter and a check for much more than I ever expected for the precancel. In subsequent years, I sold Mr. Boker additional precancels and precancel items.

I never set a price on the precancels, but asked that he send what was a fair price.

This shows the beauty of the great hobby of stamp collecting. Today, I am not specializing in U.S. Precancels but handle stamps from all over the world. But this is an experience to be shared. Because it can be related to stamps no matter what the area is that you collect.

Be sure to visit me at www.curtisgiddingstampstore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment